Tuesday, June 2

My favourite things

I love the song My Favourite Things from The Sound of Music. It is such a happy and catchy song and it has great tip in there too.
When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad


I decided to name my blog My Favourite Things because I want to share the things that bring joy to me with you. Here is my list and let's see if we share anything in common.

God. Life. Nature. Books. Husband. Family. People. Friends. Girlfriends. Beautiful images. Knowledge. Psychology. Surprises. Beauty. Love. Rainbow. Sunset. Laughter.

These are just part of a long list as you might have guessed.

I love to share and communicate my thoughts with others and I find writing such a great outlet for me to express what I have learned and experienced in life. We don't always have to make mistakes in life (if we can avoid it) and we can often learn from others' mistakes. Isn't that neat? Needless to say there are mistakes that are inevitable and they serve to teach us important lessons in life.

My other love is reading. A large part of this blog will be dedicated in sharing the lessons that I have learned from the books that I have read. Not everyone has the luxury of time to read and this will be my contribution to you. I read and summarize for you and if it strikes a cord in you, I hope that you will pick up that book and have a good read. After all, we may be reading the same book but our interpretations could differ greatly.

I like to think that we are companion on the same journey. The destinations may be different but the goal is similar. Life is not always a bed of roses but with fellow travellers, it makes the journey so much more bearable and delightful.

To conclude this introduction post I like to invite you to have a think of your favourite things and tell me if they make you day a little brighter :)

Cheers.










1 comment:

Jace Tay said...

You bet I'm going to come here often! And after talking to you today and reading the entries on this blog, I'm determined to start reading again. I have been spending too much time at the computer or watching tvb dramas. Not very enriching activities at all...