Wednesday, August 4

The Remains of the Day



Don't keep looking back all the time, you're bound to get depressed....We've all got to put our feet up at some point. Look at me. I've been happy as a lark since the day I retired. All right, so neither of us are exactly in our first flush of youth, but you've got to keep looking forward....You've got to enjoy yourself. The evening's the best part of the day. You've done your day's work. Now you can put your feet up and enjoy it....

This para struck me quite a bit. Personally I'd consider the early morning as the best part of the day. Main reason is the fact that I have the chance to restart the day. A new day is a fresh start, an opportunity to experience and discover new things as well as to make amends for mistakes of the past. Anyway, I find the above para making a lot of sense; about why the evening's the best part of the day. After a hard day of work, the evening is the time to chill and appreciate what has happened. A time to sit back, relax and be grateful. To truly enjoy the evening of one's day or life, I assume one must live in the present and live life to the full. I'd imagine that the evening can be depressing if one feels that one hasn't achieved much or there are still unfinished tasks. This is a great reminder for myself that with each passing day, I'm getting closer to the evening of my day. I must cherish the present, look forward to the future and stop spending too much time looking back.

Another lovely para:
After all, there's no turning back the clock now. One can't be forever dwelling on what might have been. One should realized one has as good as most, perhaps better, and be grateful.

Indeed.

No comments: