Wednesday, July 1

Quote of the day (QOTD)

From the recovering community such as AA I learn that slogans and quotes are helpful to keep them focus. I love keeping quotes that speak to me and when I go through challenging situations, I draw inspiration from them.

Here is a quote that spoke loudly to me when I had to go through the treatments for Moya-Moya Disease 2 years ago.

A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.
~Helen Keller

I read the memoir of Helen Keller- The story of my life - and was totally impressed. She had more challenges and obstacles than an average person and yet she was determined to pursue her education and contribute to society.

When one hears stories like that it is hard to feel sorry for oneself when one's life is not half as difficult.

No comments: