Friday, April 29

The Lord liveth!



I will call upon the Lord
Who is worthy to be praised
So shall I be saved from my enemies!
The Lord liveth! And blessed be my rock
And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
The Lord liveth! And blessed be my rock
And let the God of my salvation be exalted!


Yesterday when this song came on the radio, it stopped me in my tracks and transported me back to July 18 in 2007.

Lying on the bed in the recovery area which is icy cold, I wait anxiously for my turn at the operating table. My first major operation, a brain bypass surgery. Risky and delicate to say the least. A bundle of nerves I am and I figure singing hymns will calm me down and remind me of the presence of God. That He is right here with me and together I will be fine. The first song that pop to mind is I will call upon the Lord .

I called upon the Lord when I needed Him most. I believed that He would bless the brilliant surgeon and his team and that the surgery will be a success. I prayed that He would remove my fear of the unknown. Comfort, courage and strength filled my heart as I remember how the Son of Man suffered and experienced fear and anguish in His own passion and death. My breathing slowed and peace enveloped me. I surrendered...completely.

I was discharged from the hospital 5 days later. The Lord liveth!

No comments: